Jim Pike Darts

Hellurei,

I started to throw darts in my garage recently. Bought some Harrows Club darts last summer, but those had quite aggressive knurling just under thumb and index-finger so quite soon I started to look other options.

When surfing in web came across brand Jim Pike Darts Ltd. And because I am big fan of old tools (I count darts also some sort of "tool of trade" to some persons at least). Well following darts are not that old, but they sure have some vintage vibe with them.

I understood that last Jim Pike darts manufactured in England somewhere at 90's. There is nice man from Finland who's selling remaining stock still today (Jim Pike Darts). So I think those can call some sort of NOS.

Both sets have similar nice "old school" leather case

I bought first these 21 grams Jim Pike 2000 Nickel Silver darts. I have to say I like those quite much. Barrel is 53,4mm long and diameter 8,5mm. Darts were quite long because there came with normal length aluminium shafts. Those were equipped with 2BA threads and brand own flights (at least branded to brand). 


"The World's Greatest Darts" seems to be good slogan.

Second set is bought at used, but I assume that manufacturing year is about somewhere same that this 21gram set. 20 grams Jim Pike "Classic" Brass darts. "Bullet" shaped barrel, quite short 44,2mm and 9mm at diameter. These ones had red aluminium medium length shafts with 1/4 BSF thread plus similar flight as other set (only colour difference).  

Jim Pike logo can be found from both barrels

I have to say that I really like both of these darts. Maybe nickel silver have slightly more slippery feeling in finger tips than brass, but not too much still. I know that those who throw professionally will dislike brass and nickel silver darts because of "large" diameter barrels and when needed much more weight then also those darts size grows even bigger. Tungsten darts are basically standard nowadays. But for garage-thrower like me, these are quite nice darts. Good in hand and cheap. At least if like little bit lighter darts like myself. 


I had immediately small accident with these brass darts. I throw second dart right in middle of first ones flight and tip penetrated clean and fully inside. Ruined this flight and also it opens slightly end of shaft "fingers". I pressed end back tight with pliers but maybe it is not same anymore than originally was. Well now I need to find another shafts with this 1/4 size thread. But have to admit, was quite nice throw indeed.....

Too bad score was only one with two darts "inside" same sector



Kommentit